Maximillion

Maximillion
I DEFINITELY SMELL SOMETHING

Friday, September 23, 2011

And Then There Was Light

In the darkness, she awoke...and wished she hadn't.  She felt as though her body was moving against her will.  Everything was shifting, breaking apart around her.  Disoriented, trembling with fear, she viciously clamped down on her own panic.  This was her home and there was no way she was going to let anything happen to it.  She loved it here.  She was warm and safe here.  Until now anyway.  Not knowing who or what was causing this, she did the only thing she could do.  She closed her eyes and held on for dear life.

Everything stopped.  It got quiet and she waited there in the dark, holding on.  The dark didn't bother her.  It was always dark here.  Time passed.  Occasionally, there was a feeling of being pushed or tugged but mostly, there was nothing.

She was tired and felt herself being lulled back into a sense of calm.  She loved it here.  It was so warm and cozy.  She could hear the rhythmic, liquid sounds that were a constant in this place.  It soothed her rattled nerves and she felt her eyelids lowering, heavy with fatigue.  She could feel Her there and as always, wished she could touch Her but at least She was near.  Finally, she slept.

She woke instantly and for the first time in her life, she was freezing.  She screamed out her frustration.  While she slept, someone had taken hold of her and pulled her from her home.  It was cold and awful.  Strange sounds surrounded her and she trembled feeling helpless and so alone.

She opened her eyes.  It was bright here and she couldn't focus.  She was being moved again and was shocked to find herself in Her arms.  She could actually feel Her arms holding her tightly.  She could hear Her voice and she was once again warm and safe.  She couldn't seem to speak but had always known Her name and she spoke it with her heart as she had always done..."Mom".

As she lay nestled in her mother's arms, happier than she had ever been, she heard Her whisper, "Imogen", and her heart was suddenly full of an indescribable love which had overflowed from Her heart.  And she slept, happier than she had ever been because now, she was truly home.

...and then there was light...Welcome home Imogen!

(for Vanessa and JJ...Congratulations!)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    I have missed you. :)

    And, while I love getting everyone's comments, when I saw yours, regardless of the subject, it made me smile.

    I was worried about you, so glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats from me too. A very nice birthday gift. As always, I like your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you're back, at least a little bit. take your time, nari, but know you've been missed.
    congrats to the new parents of lucky little imogen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Julianna...I appreciate your concern and I've missed you too.

    @ Vinny...As always, it's nice to hear from you.

    @ Sherilin...I'm trying. I figured since tragedy took me away, a blessing could help me return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Congrats.
    Even the darkness ends eventually, but it's not a pleasant trip.

    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story :) I think about you often, wondering how you are getting through this very dark time. It was a lovely surprise to see your post pop up today. Hang in there hun XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I've missed your posts! Loved what you did here! Is this a new side of you we'll be seeing more of??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love. Great to see you blogging again. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivid and powerful, I could feel her fear and elation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ AC...I'm doing okay sometimes and not others. Thanks for asking.

    @ lindylou...I'm hanging on as firmly as I can.

    @ Dreamer...I have no idea what side you'll be seeing. I guess we'll find out together.

    @ Nubian...Thanks, I've missed you all too.

    @ Shopgirl...Thanks, that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was really beautiful and very moving Nari,you write beautifully,lovely rythmn to it :) Its been a delight to see your comments on my blog and welcome back to your blog.I've missed you .I often think of you and wonder how you are coping.
    Congrats to the parents of Imogen, that's a lovely name btw.I like that her blessing is bringing you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ IWBY...I love the name too and even in my gruief I have thought of many of you often and you kind words. Plus, most of you are pretty damn good at making me laugh which is a big deal to me right now.

    ReplyDelete