Maximillion

Maximillion
I DEFINITELY SMELL SOMETHING

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Future?



I drove to my daughter's school today to drop off some food for her because she has theatre rehearsals and was "absolutley starving".  Her words--not mine. 

On my way back to the office, which is just down the street from her school, I was at a stop sign, when some kids in a convertible stopped in the middle of the intersection as some other kids  were crossing the street.  I thought they were probably offering them a ride but the kids walked passed the car and one large boy ran up behind a smaller boy and started punching him in the face.  Nobody stopped him or helped the smaller boy at all.

I picked up my phone and called the school, since the kids are their responsiblity until they get home and they were sending an officer right away.  I don't know what happened, because the larger boy and his friends saw me in my car on the phone and took off.

The part that truly hits me hard is that the other boy had to go into the street, pick up his books, keeping from showing any signs of weakness or distress and continue walking home with all of those kids watching him and no friends to comfort him.  The look on his face just broke my heart.

When I got back to my office, I sat in my car crying for all of those kids who are victims of bullying and or just plain being ignored.  I plan to have a long talk with my own daughters when I get home tonight.

What will the future be like, if we don't bother to teach our children compassion??

...very bleak, indeed...


No comments:

Post a Comment