So, here it is-The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award:
It comes with some stipulations. I will need to forward it to someone and I think that will be to Spence of http://sirenvoices.blogspot.com/ since I look forward to every single post and read them with an eagerness that surprises me.
Per Minx of http://just-tish.blogspot.com/, the creator of this award, I must also share 5 guilty pleasures with all of you. So...hear goes nothing:
- I am willing to do absolutely ANYTHING in order to stay in my pajamas all weekend, watching the Food Network and reading my Kindle. (ANYTHING includes: drinking heavily the night before so that I am still buzzed the next day and so incoherent that my family is unwilling to take me out in public, faking sleep so as to avoid any obligations, duties or promises I may have agreed to earlier in the week, or announcing that I am unwilling to drive in the severe weather conditions "keep in mind that I live in Las Vegas so severe for me usually constitutes a breezy day, a faint sprinkle, or temperatures below 50'F". You get the picture.)
- The reading material I choose to download on my Kindle is kind of...well...less than inspiring. I tend not to download anything particularly intelligent, relevant, meaningful, introspective or critically acclaimed. I DO read things that qualify in those categories but rarely will you find that on my Kindle. I think the anonymity of downloading the material directly to my device gives me a sense of freedom. I tend to veer towards the following categories: sci-fi, supernatural, romance, romantic suspense and a category I like to refer to as romantic smut. That's right, I admit it, and this last category is my favorite. It's like my own dirty little secret. I am not talking about Erotica here. It's romance that involves unbelievably gorgeous people with unending amounts of money, ridiculously simple obstacles to overcome and a LOT of cheesy dirty love/lust scenes because on my Kindle I can be whomever I choose and I choose to be shallow and slightly perverted.
- While driving, I turn into a rabid creature who eagerly consumes power from the dark side (thank you Kindle) and will out-cuss a career sailor on shore leave to the point that he sprouts ringlet curls and starts singing "On The Good Ship Lollipop". This requires no further explanation except that I happen to be an Insurance Agent and I of course sell auto insurance and encourage safe driving practices while I secretly grow and nurture my road rage to epic proportions.
- I am addicted to sugar-free Rock Stars. I publicly shun trendy energy drinks and shake my head sadly at young America as reports roll in about the dangers of these fad energy drinks. But privately, I look forward to my Rock Star each morning and can barely function without it. This is after my morning coffee, mind you. I don't feel like a hypocrite, mostly because I choose not to feel like one (Denial happens to be one of my closest friends) but also because I have recently reached an age where there is NO energy left in my body. The only way for me to function is to obtain as much artificial energy as possible...this may be related to the fact that my body is usually in atrophy come Monday due to guilty pleasure number one...hmmm...NAH. (Denial, you're my favorite)
- I dream about my Blog. Each night, as my head hits my pillow, I enter a dream-state where my Blog is the center of all things. Your Blogs are all there too with powers in and of their own. But since this is MY dream, my Blog is the Bad-a$$ Blog on the Block. I dream about what to write and how it will be received. Since it's a dream, it is always well received and has the ability to become everything to everyone. In my personal Blogoverse, my Blog is relevant and a true and honest guideline to the betterment of society as a whole. In reality, when I open my eyes in the morning, all I really want is for my Blog to be entertaining and of course...popular.
Thanks again for the award Vinny...if it weren't for Denial, you would be my favorite